[geeks] Global warming, was Mr Bill?

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Tue Sep 23 17:06:57 CDT 2008

Anthony Ortenzi wrote:
> Patrick Giagnocavo said:
>> IMHO it is not a question of "if" we add more nuclear capacity, only of
>> when.
>
> What about the question of "why didn't we do it earlier?"
>
> Could all of this environmental "crisis" have been averted had we not
> succumbed to the demands of those who resisted nuclear in the first place?
>
> It's pretty clear that Greenpeace still doesn't "get it".

The Greenpeace and Friends of the Earth campaigners of the 70s and 80s
were so clueless about anything related to nuclear energy they'd just
about stick their fingers in their ears and shout "LA LA LA LA LA LA I
CAN'T HEAR YOU" if you tried to explain that there was a difference
between fission and fusion.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.