[geeks] My Dell Mini 9 (or Latitude 910) netbook arrived today...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 23 15:53:26 CDT 2008

   It look snice, a small stpe nicer than the eee as fara as design goes
   (the Asus eee looks - to me - like they went with very thick, chunky
   plastic while the Dell is a bit more like a shrunken Inspiron. The
   keyboard is fairly good (only spent a little bit of time on it), and
   the packaging is tiny! (The box it came in is only a shade bigger than
   the local yellow pages)

   I'll have more to report after I spend a bit of time with it - I plan
   on using WinXP Home for now, then seeing about getting the LInux ISO
   and trying that before I decide how to proceed with this "laptop".

   I'm going to try Open Office on it first, and if that seems too hard,
   I'll investigate Office 2007 - the screen is nice, but the vertical
   resolution is small (1024x600?)...

   Oddly, I had 21 updates to install upon first boot - including a
   revised network driver (Realtek Ethernet chip) from July, 2008...

   Lionel