[geeks] Mr Bill?

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu Sep 18 06:53:57 CDT 2008

A talking watermelon whispered a message to me from: Phil Stracchino
> Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 07:50:01AM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
>>
>>> An 80-metre rise in sea level? Even if it did hold (it wouldn't), the
>>> leakage around the edges would effectively mean it wasn't there.
>>
>> That is so last year. Now the satelitte measurements are showing that
>> the Antartice ice is getting bigger and actual temperature measurments
>> have shown the oceans have been cooling.
>>
>> Due to the lack of sunspots, the current preditctions are for another
>> "Little Ice Age" and the Thames to freeze again.
>
> ONE SET of current predictions from people who are only looking at part
> of the data and cherry-picking the data they want.

And that itself is one of the biggest problems about all this.  We can't
look at enough data to get a definitive answer.

I'm personally on the global warming side only because of how much
pollution we produce as a species but frankly until we get a handle on the
entire ball of data our best bet is to clean up as much as we can to
minimize _ANY_ effect our technology might have on the environment.
--
Mike Hebel

		-- Dr. Who