[geeks] Mr Bill?

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Wed Sep 17 10:16:56 CDT 2008

What is going on down in Houston?  I grew up in Houston (Central, SouthEast and
NorthWest) and my parents still live in Northwest Houston (in the Spring-
Cypress area) and I just spoke with them this morning and they told me that
they are expecting to be without power for another week!  They're even post-
poning coming up to DC to visit me and the kids because they don't want to
leave the house without power and with all the downed branches around.

When Isabel hit the DC area in 2003 we were without power for just 3 days
(and we live further out in the "burbs" than the equivalent place where
my parents live in Houston).  Hell, I remember when Hurricane Alica hit
Houston in 1982 and we were only without power for about 3 days.  And Alicia
was a Category 3 hurricane.  Looks like when Houston Lighting & Power became
Reliant energy it also no longer was so reliable!

Ido

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 09:29:44AM -0500, geeks-request at sunhelp.org wrote:
> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 07:57:08 -0500
> From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Mr Bill?
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:48:50PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > mrbill at mrbill.net
> > Any money sent WILL be repaid when possible.
>
> Another thing I can use is decent LED flashlights that use AA or AAA
> batteries.
>
> Bill
>
> --
> Bill Bradford