[geeks] Mr Bill?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Sep 16 11:49:23 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 07:39:28PM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> I remember reading about a gas fired 10kw home electric supply made by
> GE, I have no idea if they ever were produced, or how much they cost.

There are numerous 7kW-and-up home generators available that you can buy
that will run off either LP (propane) or natural gas.  A 7kW unit I was
looking at online this morning runs about $2K plus installation.

I'm looking for something like that now for the next time we have a
long-term power outage, as I'm tired of having to fill the gas every eight
hours and change the oil every 250 hours.

Amy used to laugh at some of my "survivalist preparedness" stuff, but she
had to admit that a lot of it came in handy the past five days.

I'm already making a list of things I need to have / improve before "next
time".

Bill

--
Bill Bradford