[geeks] ...and now keyboards.

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 20:43:01 CDT 2008

Alois Hammer" <aloishammer at casearmour.net> said:
> I'm looking for a smallish, cordless, presenter-type keyboard with
> decent range (10ft?), an integrated trackpad, and absolutely no
> Bluetooth involved.  Preferably no PS/2 involved, either.  I thought
<snip>
> (Or is there such a thing as a Bluetooth<->USB hub that would take care
> of having to have a Bluetooth stack loaded?)
<snip>

Well, I don't know about other BT dongles, but the logitech one that
comes with the Cordless Desktop MX for Bluetooth actually handles
bluetooth internally, without requiring a host bluetooth stack, so it
works great on boot.  I'm using it on my living room Mac, right now,
and that machine has no drivers for it, at all, nor does the Mac
realize that the dongle is anything but a USB hub.