[geeks] Those new mini-notebooks

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:01:03 CDT 2008

Josh said SD, not SSD, though, so not sure if that's where he was
going or not.

For me, since I'd likely be at least dual booting the box (Acer's
forum has an extensive thread about OS X on the Aspire One), I would
also go with the hard drive rather than SSD.  If I was giving it to a
teenager or someone who is more rough on their portables, I'd probably
go SSD.

As for SD, apparently some of the systems automatically "append" or
"merge" or transparently mount the SD cards so they just look like a
part of the "userland" file system.  Based on the thread in the Acer
forum where I read that, there are some inconsistencies in the OS as
well as the hardware as Nate mentioned.

=Nadine=