[geeks] Replacement MacBook question

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Sep 8 00:06:31 CDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 03:10:11PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>My wife's powerbook (867 MHz PowerPC with a fresh, Apple replaced
battery and a new keyboard) is showing it's age. She was unable to book
our daughter's birthday party at Chuck E. CHeese's because her browser
was too old (Safari for the PowerPC has been capped, AFAIK).

If you are running Tiger on it, then you can run FireFox 3. I'm not
sure you want to, I'm considering going back to FireFox 2 on my
B&W G3, and have not upgraded my Windows computers.

It lacks a very useful add-on and I'm sure others have had similar
problems.

Geoff.