[geeks] erm, no comment

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Sep 7 23:09:33 CDT 2008

On Sep 7, 2008, at 05:32 , Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 10:22:25AM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
>> Don't you guys get teaser ads ? First part has nothing to do with the
>> product (and gets people talking); second part (shown days/weeks
>> later)
>> puts the name of the product on the whole thing.
>
> Well, no. Since the only way I'll ever see it is I go to a website
> that
> has it and watch it there, there is little or no chance that I'll ever
> see the second part. Seeing Bill Gates and Jerry Seinfeld was
> interesting, but not an experience I plan to repeat.
>
> One of the local channels had a "top ten" episode "marathon" of
> the Seinfeld show a few years ago and I watched it. At least three
> of the shows were IMHO funny, maybe four.

I've never figured out why anyone thought Seinfeld was funny.

For that matter, I've never understood how "Friends" could either.

I rather watch slugs make trails myself.

> The "Bee Movie" wasn't bad, but at least it was about something.

It was as bad as you can get without being totally unwatchable.

> I'll wait for the Bill Gates-Steve Jobs ads, thank you very much.

"Hello, I'm a Mac."

At that point Steve steps in front of Bill and continues talking while
Bill tries to lean around Steve to be seen.