[geeks] Asus BookPC available

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 7 15:20:28 CDT 2008

Hello all,

I've got a BookPC from Asus I want to be rid of. It is a noce, smaller chassis about 4 inches wide, 12 inches tall, and about 15 inches deep. It takes a full size CD/DVD drive, has two full-height, half-lenght PCI slots, has DVI and VGA video outputs, and includes Firewire and card readers. The chassis is in good shape, but as my memory is a bit hazy, I think the on-board NIC was a bit dodgey.

Anyway, it has a 2.8 GHz P4 (no HT), 1024 Meg RAM (2x PC3200 sockets, dual 512 Meg DIMMs installed), a 120 Gig IDE HD and a 3Com 10/100 NIC... Anyone interested?

I'm not sure of the CPU socket, and what you could upgrade to, but I think it is safe to assume it can take 2 Gig of RAM. The system is fairly quiet after power-up, but it is not silent. It would be fine as a HTPC, but you will hear the CPU/case fans if you are next to the system. The chassis is in very good condition, almost no scratches or marks on the outside, and everything is nice and clean on the inside as well.

It currently has WinXP Pro installed.

I think $150 shipped ConUS is fair, but I'll entertain lower offers if someone thinks the right price is lower. I'm also looking for memory for either a Dell SC1420 (PC-3200 Registered). Offer me 2x 2 Gig DIMMs and I'll ship the PC to you at my expense. (I just ebay'd a pair for $138 including shipping)

If anyone is interested, I'll crack it open and get the actual model number. This appears to have been an Asus "barebones" system from a few years ago.

Lionel