[geeks] Dell Announces their Netbook "Latitude Mini 9"

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Fri Sep 5 17:09:21 CDT 2008

> Pricewise, I think the Aspire One XP mini laptop that they have at
> walmart.com is a better deal than the "big" config of the Mini 9
> unless you can get in on the $99 deal.

I just bought an Acer Aspire One from Microcenter last week.  I purchased
the one bundled with XP then installed Ubuntu so I could get 1GB RAM and a
128GB hard drive for $350 - it was that amount of RAM with that much hard
drive space for that price that I've been waiting months for.  I
configured Ubuntu according to this page:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne

Overall works great, and Acer really surprised me with the hardware.  Very
solid feeling, the keyboard feels great to type on with a layout I like,
and I actually like the physical design and color (black and dark blue).

- Nate