[geeks] education systems around the world

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Oct 30 15:37:50 CDT 2008

On Oct 25, 2008, at 06:15 , Mike Meredith wrote:

>> compensation, they are held in slavery; if others are expected to
>> surrender the fruits of their labor to compensate these teachers,
>> they are held in slavery.
>
> Now that's one of the dumbest and probably one of the most insulting
> things that anyone has ever said on this list. Just ask a former slave
> about how taxation compares to slavery. Surrendering the fruits of
> one's labours is something nobody is happy with, but the phrase itself
> implies that one is entitled to the fruits of one's labours.
>
> A slave has no rights; he or she is property to be treated as the
> owner
> wishes.

...and you reply with one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on
this list.

Not all slavery is/was the same.  In some time periods slaves had more
rights than your average serf.

In any case, a chain can be made of iron or it can be made of things
like tax codes and fiat monetary systems.

In the end it is the same: you are a slave to someone.

I would argue that iron is one of the weakest chains we know how to
make.

If you don't believe it, then try to opt out.

You'll either die or be put in prison.

Not too long ago, you could, but not any more.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com