[geeks] education systems around the world

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Oct 30 15:33:14 CDT 2008

On Oct 24, 2008, at 16:37 , Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Oct 2008, Alex Feinberg wrote:
>
>> Isn't it true that free and compulsory education is pretty much the
>> rule, rather than exception -- at least by law -- around the world?
>>
>>   At the primary level it's a part of the UN Declaration of Human
>> Rights.
>
> I didn't realize the UN was quite -that- broken as to declare that
> everyone has a "right" to the fruits of the labor of others.

You mean you actually thought that maybe the UN was not totally broken?

Personally, I view the UN as one of the world's largest criminal
organizations, though the Federal Reserve is probably the single
largest at the moment.

> Either the teachers must work for free, or the people would be
> compelled to fund
> them.

The UN's idea is that we (first world citizens) will be paying for
everything the rest of the world needs.

You gotta love the audacity they have to state that the world should
be giving trillions of dollars to Africa.  I believe the UN report I
read said that they were expecting the top 7 nations to give around
$17 trillion or so.

> If theft is a recognized human right, I'll just help myself to
> whatever
> furniture is in the UN building the next time I need to flesh out a
> room
> in my house.

Sounds like a plan.

We'll need to rent a good flat bed or two...