[geeks] education systems around the world

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sun Oct 26 22:30:08 CDT 2008

> If those providing this "education" are expected to do so without
> compensation, they are held in slavery; if others are expected to
> surrender the fruits of their labor to compensate these teachers,
> they are held in slavery.

To the extent that this is true, the "slavery" is extremely partial and
limited, to the point that - largely because of the emotional overtones
and history of the word - I think it's fair to call it an outright
wrong description.

Exaggerating your claims by (mis)using words for their emotional impact
(which is the only ground I can see for exaggerating taxation into
"slavery") does your argument no good at all...except perhaps among
people more swayed by emotionally loaded language than good arguments,
which I trust is not generally the case on this list.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org