[geeks] education systems around the world

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Oct 24 23:19:03 CDT 2008

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>>   At the primary level it's a part of the UN Declaration of Human
>> Rights.
>
> SNORT - the what? You owe me a new keyboard, I just spit my drink across it
> when I read that!
>
> Link? I have to see it to believe it.

http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html

Article 26.

Somehow "Elementary education shall be compulsory" stands alongside "No
one may be compelled to belong to an association", "No one shall be
subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or
correspondence", and "No one shall be held in slavery or servitude".

Forcing me to attend anything is compelling me to belong to that
association (a class).

Forcing my children to attend anything is an interference in my family.

If those providing this "education" are expected to do so without
compensation, they are held in slavery; if others are expected to
surrender the fruits of their labor to compensate these teachers, they are
held in slavery.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Elgin, TX         |                                   --Mahatma Gandhi