[geeks] xbox360 controller to normal USB?

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Tue Oct 21 12:02:22 CDT 2008

> Where can I find a cable/adapter that lets me plug a Guitar Hero/Rock Band
> controller for an xbox360 into a normal PC via USB?

Which controller?  The controller from Guitar Hero II works fine:

<http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/06/360s-guitar-hero-ii-guitar-works-in-windows-frets-on-fire/>

Unfortunately, they keep changing the controllers, and there's a lot of
tension between Harmonix (developer of GH1, GH2 and RB1 and RB2) and
Activision/Neversoft (who bought the rights and have been developing GH
since GH3 onward), and there have been some changes to the guitars as a
result.

- Nate