[geeks] Email blocked due to "Barracuda Reputation"

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Oct 14 14:21:39 CDT 2008

A mailing list I am currently on suddenly started to use Barracuda
Networks "whitelist" to block email.

Is this legit, or is it just some way of making you register with them
so that they can get something out of your registration?

<rant>
I'm really getting tired of these things happening, it seems to me the
mailing list provider has a desire to block everyone except disposable
email accounts. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail), which is where almost all of
of the SPAM and scams on the list come from. :-(

I really think they should move the list to Yahoo.

</rant>

Thanks,

Geoff.