[geeks] Anyone use XPostFacto?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Oct 13 03:26:18 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 09:54:01AM +0200, Jonathan Groll wrote:
>Didn't they originally ship with only a 4GB hard disk though?

It takes a standard IDE drive and the controler can support
up to 120gig. Depending upon the exact model you may have a problem
with the controler switching to 66mHz DMA, which it can not support.

>From what I understand Apple drives up to 20g were fixed at 33mHz in
their firmware and also the earliest Maxtor 20g drives. Other drives bigger
than 10g were a problem.

Drives released after the 80 wire cables became common will refuse to
go into 66mHz DMA mode with a 40 wire cable and therefore work fine.

Geoff.