[geeks] Anyone use XPostFacto?

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Oct 13 00:06:10 CDT 2008

Hardware:  Bondi iMac, maximum memory (384M)
Software:  one OS9.2 partition, one incomplete and badly hosed OS10.2
partition, XPostFacto 4

Finally got to retrying to reinstall the OSX partition with 10.4, but
now XPostFacto seems to not want to let us do so.  If I select the
option to install OSX from CD, it forces partition selection to the OS9
partition.  This doesn't seem right ... unless to be able to install
10.4, it *has* to be installed on the partition XPOstFacto is already
installed on?

Has anyone already used XPostFacto who can give me a quick five-minute
primer on basic stuff like this?  As soon as we just verify we *can*
install from the current set of CDs, my plan is to completely
reinitialize the disk, install a clean OS9.2.3, reinstall XPostFacto,
and do a clean Tiger install.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.