[geeks] IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Oct 2 00:06:36 CDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 09:48:03PM -0700, Jon Gilbert wrote:
>Incidentally, since it's related to memory, could the page file have
>any relation to this error? Also, what's up with the "Unknown"
>device... any ideas on that? Thanks.

Page file contributing to the error, no, not that I know of except if
the device has a problem.

Unknown devices are common. Look at the PCI ID and STFW on that.
What windows does is search all the .inf files it can find for a matching
manufacturer and product code, If the device installer can't find one,
Windows flags it as an unknown device.

Sometimes you can fake it by modifying an inf file for the same device from
a different manufacturer.

I've had no success with HP scanners, and good success with bluetooth USB
dongles.

Geoff.