[geeks] Global warming, was Mr Bill?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Oct 1 00:40:19 CDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 12:49:55AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>Even Three Mile Island, considered "disastrous", did not lead to a loss
>of containment (although half of the fuel rods did melt) and released
>only a very small dose of radiation, which despite study after study,
>did not seem to have affected anyone.

I lived in Philly at the time. I can remember listening to the radio
that night to hear what happened in between doing things at a social event.

In the end the only real result of the accident was the death of the
movie "The China Syndrome", which came out later, but by that time
was too late to shock anyone, and a really great Saturday Night Live
routine.

Geoff.