[geeks] Religion and the Presidency

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Fri May 30 06:52:23 CDT 2008

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> He said there were WMDs in Iraq because he believed it to be true, as
> did almost every elected official that saw the top secret breifings.

Well, yeah, but that's because that's what they wanted the briefings to
show.  Every time someone tried to present some evidence that the claims
of WMDs in Iraq were false, the entire administration stuck their
fingers in their ears and shouted "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

> That there weren't WMDs doesn't make his decision a mistake or wrong -
> it makes the info he and others in gov't got wrong... There is a
> difference.

It does if the whole WMD story was a deliberate fabrication, which is
what all the available evidence suggests.  They weren't looking for a
*reason* to invade Iraq; they were looking for an *excuse*.

   alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                  It's not the years, it's the mileage.