[geeks] grudging praise for a Micosoft product

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu May 29 16:23:33 CDT 2008

On May 29, 2008, at 16:26 , mp wrote:

> Being a touch-typist, I don't care what the labels on they keys
> actually
> say, the Mac System Preferences lets you remap caps to control rather
> easily.  If I remap the existing control to caps, it even lights up
> the
> key.

I rather not remap, but that's not the issue.  For one thing, I can
never get the keymapping to work quite right in Windows.  Remapping in
Windows is a fairly high level function, so you end up with some
software honoring it, and some not.

It's really the shape of the capslock key that bothers me.  It's not
shaped like a normal key on the Model M, and it really bothers me.

It's a deformed key, with a small block set on a larger one, with a
large gap between the Capslock and the A key, and I hate it.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com