[geeks] Socialized medicine [was Re: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro]

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 12:21:05 CDT 2008

On May 29, 2008, at 6:59 AM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
wrote:

> Brian Dunbar wrote:
>> der Mouse wrote:
>>> Unlikely anytime soon; our Moslem population is too small a
>>> minority,
>>> and the Canadian temperment is not suited to it.  I'm much more
>>> worried
>>> about the USA turning fundie-"Christian".
>> Same argument: fundies are a small minority and the American
>> temperament
>> isn't really suited for it.
>
> I will observe that they only have to be a small minority, if
> they're the right small minority.  Look at what the neocons have
> managed.

Oh, don't leave me hanging - I am very interested in how the gang that
couldn't shoot straight was able to implement their devious plans.

My personal favorite "evil plan" is to deny health care to middle
income children (2 or 3x poverty level is not low income) and insist
that more children living at 1x (or less) the poverty level be covered
first... I can just picture the neocons twisting their moustaches and
cackling over that one...

Lionel