[geeks] More on medical tourism

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Thu May 29 06:59:26 CDT 2008

On Thu, 29 May 2008 14:41:19 +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> More on medical tourism:
>
> A couple from the UK goes to India for IVF and when they have
> twin girls abandons them because they were not a boy.
>
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4025532.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=2015164

If this is the same story as reported on News 24 sometime this morning,
the full details aren't out yet. I wasn't paying full attention, but
the claim in that weblink is that the two babies haven't been visited
by the parents; the hospital has pointed out that they have made
several visits.

Not that a certain amount of sex selection doesn't go on here
unofficially.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 This message represents the official view of the voices in my head