[geeks] TV/book rant was:Chrighton

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Thu May 29 04:21:24 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 07:44:52AM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> Which is why I and my kids like CSI. Good science fiction, fast moving,
> intersting shots, not too heavy on the plot or charcter development.

I do enjoy CSI:Las Vegas and CSI:NY, but Miami is often abysmal. I stopped
watching a few months ago when an episode featured a plotline involving a
woman being murdered while working as a high class prostitute for a heroin
dealer whose family were being held captive by terrorists. The drug dealer
was funding the terrorists' activities, lest they harm his family.

It ended bizarrely with David Caruso's character using a rocket launcher to
blow up a terrorist-driven truck filled with explosives (or gasoline, I
forget) as it sped towards a power station. The entire plotline (along
with a sub-plot involving a police informant) occurred in one 45 minute
episode!

Contrived, to say the least (and you can imagine the multitude of plot
holes).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner