[geeks] The Andromeda Strain

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Wed May 28 23:12:00 CDT 2008

Dr Robert Pasken wrote:
> He has no professionalsim or integrity whatsoever. His "State of Fear"
> blantantly misrepresents the research of Tom Wigley, Douglas Hardy,
> David Ethridge, Peter Doran and numerous others. Creighton also doesn't
> believe in continental drift, that smoking and lung cancer are closely
> linked or that an all out nuclear exchange between the US and the USSR
> would have any negative impacts.
>

> "Creighton also doesn't believe in continental drift

Where does he say this?  I'm looking at a speech [1] he wrote

"By the time I was in college ten years later, it was recognized that
continents did indeed move, and had done so for most of Earthbs history.
Continental drift and plate tectonics were born. The teacher was wrong."

Which would lead one to think he believes in continental drift.

Unless you're stretching a point to be rhetorical?

[1] http://www.crichton-official.com/speech-ourenvironmentalfuture.html

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

GMT -6
this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod