[geeks] The Andromeda Strain

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed May 28 22:53:45 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:19:17PM -0400, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> BTW - my local bookstores (borders & barnes and noble) file state of
> fear under fiction. I assume we both agree it belongs there. That some
> people pay him to expand on his fiction reflects poorly on the
> audience...

It's like Tom Clancy. Most of the "high tech" stuff in his novels
is fiction. He used a lot of real stuff but "expands upon it".

Except for his first novel outside of Ryan stories. It was entitled
"No Remorse", which after reading it I thought was false advertisement.

I was looking through the 2002 Guinness Book of World Records out of
boredom the other day and found out until that time, it he had gotten
the highest advance payment for it. :-(

Geoff.