[geeks] Socialized medicine [was Re: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro]

Sheldon T. Hall shel at artell.net
Wed May 28 09:46:25 CDT 2008

Saith the Sandwich Maker ...

> the dollar has dropped by about half against the euro during the term
> of the first bully.  part [much?] of this is our own fault - i just
> read the stat that govt spending has increased 67% in the past 8
> years, and covering it by borrowing from the future.

The Dollar's dive is realy annoying the bejesus out of us.  My income (such
as it is) is paid in dollars (such as they are) and the little green buggers
are worth much over here in France.  Diesel fuel is almost $9.00 per gallon.
A Coca-Cola in the corner cafe is bumping $5.00.  Today's lunch for two,
without wine, was the daily special at a average-price local restaurant ...
$48.00.

Quit buying imported stuff, you guys!

-Shel