[geeks] Barbeque Geekery

Sheldon T. Hall shel at artell.net
Wed May 28 09:15:59 CDT 2008

Saith Phil Stracchino ...

> We tend to buy either from First Colony,
> Trader Joe's, or a small local roastery.

Go for the local roastery, so you can have the beans in your grinder two or
three days after it comes out of the roaster.

When we were living near Seattle, I had a choice of loal roasteries, and I
loved it.  Over here, in France, it's a bit weird.  It's hard to find
whole-bean coffee in the stores, unless you want a cafe-sized 5-kilo sack.
If there's a coffee roastery around here, it's a very well-kept secret.
Moreover, coffee in a restaurant or cafe is usually pretty sad.  I find the
coffee situation here downright weird; the French are totally passionate
about food and wine, but any sort of swamp-water in a cup passes for coffee.

Too bad it's about 5 hours from here to the Italian border.

-Shel