[geeks] Taxes

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 21:17:42 CDT 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 9:52 PM, adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)
wrote:

> " From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net>
> "
> " I hear he [obama] is still struggling to pay off his student loans
> " from college (it's tough to get by on his low income[0] - being
> " racially oppressed and all, suffering with a sub-standard education,
> " and being raised by a white racist).
>
> it could just be a canny business decision.

No, political - he was trying to show how hard it is to pay for
college, even after three years as a senator (at $165K/year), and TWO
multi-million dollar book deals. Never mind his wives income as a
lawyer...

> my brother, also a harvard law grad, took a long time to pay his
> student loans off too.  he said they were the cheapest money he'd ever
> borrowed, with an interest rate actually less than inflation.
>
> we can't claim any kind of disadvantage - unless you count lawyering -
> we come from a long line of blue-blooded boston brahmins and harvard

The loans are your right, but to complain about the "cheapest money"
while earning mid six figures a year is, frankly, insulting to all
those ivy league grad school graduates working in book stores and
coffee shops.

Lionel