[geeks] removing tobacco smell etc [was:now Health Care]

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue May 27 20:30:03 CDT 2008

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> in line with this, i've just rescued a pc from a smoker who gave it
> up and bought a replacement b/c the cd no longer works - guess why...
> but it stinks all over inside and out and really needs a general
> fumigation.  any ideas on how to proceed?

Clean out as much dust from it as you can, and let it run for several
hours (days?) in an area with good air circulation.  I've used PCs in
the past from similar situations, they seem to air out pretty quickly.
Metal and plastic don't hold the smell as well as the dust does.  If
possible, you could always put the parts in a different case and ditch
the original.

    -Dan Sikorski