[geeks] Socialized medicine [was Re: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro]

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue May 27 15:48:41 CDT 2008

>From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
>Date: 2008/05/27 Tue PM 04:20:49 EDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Socialized medicine [was Re: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac
Pro]

>Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>> From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>>> Have you ever seen a pilgrim house from early America?
>>>
>>> They were built as small fortresses.  Iron riveted front doors, heavy
>>> walls, and rifle outlets in the roof.
>>>
>>> These were people who stirred up trouble, and had fortress-homes to
>>> retreat to when their actions resulted in hostile retaliation.
>>
>> These days they can be found on the "geeks at sunhelp.org" mail list - the
>> internet removes the need for turrets in their roofs.
>
>But I LIKE my rooftop turret!  :)

I like mine too, but I also realize it is not *needed*.

I am quite "vocal" in local school board decisions, and I have found the many
of my "opponents" (people who disagree with me) can't handle face-to-face
confrontation of their ideas, and they also can't separate ideas from people.
I may abhor your ideas, but I can not only be polite, but also find common
ground. For example, I get like very few political positions taken by a
particular U.S. Senator, but I wish him only the best in his battle against a
brain tumor.)

Lionel