[geeks] grudging praise for a Micosoft product

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon May 26 17:18:06 CDT 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008, Bill Bradford wrote:

>> That said, the new aluminum keyboards are almost nice enough to make
>> up for it.
>
> I have one, I tried it - and my fingers were hurting after about an
> hour of use.  I'm just too dependent / used to full-travel keys (I
> learned to type on a Selectric II).

I doubt what we learned to type on has tremendous bearing.  I learned to
type on an Underwood Five.  I still have it, in fact!

Rather, I would suspect that my having used laptops as much or more than
desktops since 1994 might have more to do with it.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Elgin, TX         |                                   --Mahatma Gandhi