[geeks] Life in England, was Socialized medicine

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Mon May 26 12:59:30 CDT 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008 19:39:17 +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> But the general man in the street was not a target.

Neither was he during the muslim demonstration; unless he happened to
walk up to them and start making comments about Mohammad's amatory
habits with his camel (entirely fictitious of course). That demo was
specifically targeting the Danish embassy to complain about the
publishing of those cartoons.

It is interesting to note that of all the 3,000 people there, only 4
were charged and convicted of "inciting murder".

> If you smashed McDonalds without smashing Wimpy's then it was
> anti-globalization or "anti-American". If you included Wimpy's then
> it was good taste. :-)

I'm not sure there were any Wimpy's along the route; neither can I be
sure there wasn't. Or indeed if any Wimpy's were or were not
vandalised. I prefer the "good taste" explanation :)

For the record, I wasn't involved in the violence that day.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  "Spammers on the Internet are like hula hoops, pet rocks, or subway