[geeks] Socialized medicine [was Re: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro]

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Mon May 26 10:04:23 CDT 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008 16:01:08 +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> > "Britain's economy will grow about 4 percent this year despite the
> > recent stock market plunge, but growth may slow to 2.5 percent in
> > 1988, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Nigel Lawson, said today."
>
> I'm mystified about what you're trying to say by dredging up ancient
> history. That's pretty nearly 20 years old!

I've just twigged. Sure there was growth in the economy in the late
1980s, but it was somewhat localised to the South-East (and in
particular the financial sector). This didn't have a big impact on the
old heavy industrial areas in Wales and the North.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 This message represents the official view of the voices in my head