[geeks] Socialized medicine [was Re: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro]

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Mon May 26 08:25:58 CDT 2008

Mike Meredith wrote:

>> Unfortunately many of them have brought with them crime, relegious
>> strife, etc. England is nothing like it was 20 years ago, and in some
>> places is not recognizable as being England at all.
>
> Given where England was 20 years ago (industrial decline, mass
> unemployment, an exceptionally divisive government) I somehow doubt the
> changes England has seen are a bad thing. I'm not sure what places you
> think are unrecognisable as England.

Finsbury Park mosque?
Gang-rape "Leb-style"?
Race riots?

Thousands upon thousands marching in the streets with signs "slay those
who insult Islam"?

see:  http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/muslimprotest.asp

Not the Jolly Old England I know...

I think you are whistling past the graveyard.

Oh, by the way, you are wrong about the economy also:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE6D6143CF937A35752C1A961948260

"Britain's economy will grow about 4 percent this year despite the
recent stock market plunge, but growth may slow to 2.5 percent in 1988,
the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Nigel Lawson, said today."

==Patrick