[geeks] grudging praise for a Micosoft product

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon May 26 02:54:20 CDT 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008, Jonathan Groll wrote:

> In fact, controversially, I would say that Apple make some of the
> poorest external keyboards out there - the actual tactile
> responsiveness of the white keyboards (both thin and thick) just don't
> do it for me. Is it just me, or when it comes to keyboards do any of
> you find that the 'emperor' has no clothes?

Everything made after the Apple Extended II and before the new aluminum
keyboard was atrociously bad.  And, even at that, the Extended II wasn't
nearly as nice as the original Apple Extended.  The original Macintosh
keyboard was halfway decent, and the original ADB keyboard (that shipped
with the IIgs) wasn't horrid, but they've had very few keyboards that
are worth keeping.

That said, the new aluminum keyboards are almost nice enough to make up
for it.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Elgin, TX         |                                   --Mahatma Gandhi