[geeks] System Rescue CD for SPARC/Solaris machines?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun May 25 07:03:25 CDT 2008

Hello all,

I also stumbled across this system recovery CD for Sun SOlaris boxes, based on Linux tools - anyone play with this?

http://www.sysresccd.org/SystemRescueCd_for_Sparc

I came across this while researching options for "ghosting" and "restoring" entire system images (like Norton Ghost). It was a LifeHacker[0] article that first brought it to my attention - I noticed an odd "SPARC edition" item on the site menu...

I've not played with it, but thought others here might find it interesting...

Lionel

[0] http://www.lifehacker.com/ - I can't locate the original article, but if anyone is interested, just let me know (it's on another laptop)...