[geeks] now Health Care

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri May 23 13:03:28 CDT 2008

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> I've never been able to understand why anyone starts smoking in the
> first place.  It's surely gotta take a lot of peer pressure to
> overcome the sheer discomfort of sticking a tube of smoldering leaves
> in your mouth and inhaling the smoke.  I get a scratchy throat just
> from being in the same room with a smoker.

I smoke an occasional cigar.  I like the taste, and i find the overall
experience very relaxing.  There was no peer pressure involved that i
can recall.  I also really like the smell of pipe smoke.  It's
unfortunate that the most popular form of tobacco seems to be the lowest
quality.

> (And frankly, most smokers *stink*.  I can think of few worse turnoffs
> than going to kiss a girl and realizing at six inches that she smells
> like an ashtray.)

This is why i don't smoke regularly, and don't smoke in the house.  Last
year, i accidentally left my ashtray in the garage after smoking instead
of dumping and cleaning it out.  The smell in there the next morning was
AWFUL.

    -Dan Sikorski