[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Fri May 23 08:45:23 CDT 2008

Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Thu, 22 May 2008 15:15:50 -0400, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> No, it isn't, because that is not what it meant by rationed health
>> care.
>
> I think we'll have to disagree on the "rationing" issue. Personally I
> think that that a monetised system would be "unrationed" if everyone
> had an unlimited ability to pay or had an insurance policy that had no
> limit on the cost of treatment. Last I heard the US wasn't like that.

Come on, the word "ration" has a specific meaning.

ration

SYLLABICATION:	ra7tion
PRONUNCIATION:	  rshn, rshn
NOUN:	1. A fixed portion, especially an amount of food allotted to
persons in military service or to civilians in times of scarcity. 2.
rations Food issued or available to members of a group.
TRANSITIVE VERB:	Inflected forms: ra7tioned, ra7tion7ing, ra7tions
1. To supply with rations. 2. To distribute as rations: rationed out
flour and sugar. See synonyms at distribute. 3. To restrict to limited
allotments, as during wartime.
ETYMOLOGY:	French, from Latin rati, ratin-, calculation. See ratio.

Being allowed to buy whatever you can afford doesn't sound like "a fixed
portion".

Peace...  Sridhar