[geeks] now Health Care

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Thu May 22 07:31:13 CDT 2008

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> as I understand it [...] our system is skewed towards waiting for bad things to happen,
> rather than try and prevent problems from ever occuring.

This appears to be largely because treatment is much more profitable
than prevention, along with a healthy (or unhealthy) dose of "most
people can't be bothered with prevention".

> I will say without any reservation that the last thing I want is to put my health care in the hands of our current political leaders (no matter the party) here in the US of A.

+1.

I can scarcely believe the stupidity and arrogance of Hillary's
so-called plan.  "If we find people who don't have insurance because
they're struggling financially and have to choose between buying food or
health insurance, we'll just take their money and make the decision for
them."  Yeah, that sounds like a REAL winner.  Hey, Hillary, why don't
you just pass a law making it illegal to get sick?  That should solve
the problem, right...?

   alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                  It's not the years, it's the mileage.