[geeks] [barf-bag required] $13 an hour for Unix geeks, spit...

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Wed May 21 23:27:35 CDT 2008

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Nadine Miller wrote:
>
>> Well, and you know, Texas is just "bigger", so the growth of the city
>>  outwards is not so difficult. It's not going to bump into another
>> large city until Dallas in the north, and Austin/San Antonio to the
>> west/northwest.  It's less dense, but more sprawled, which causes
>> commute headaches, but keeps RE prices down.
>
> Yeah, I had guessed that.
>
> The limiting factor to outward growth in the New York area has not been
> the availability of land, because there's definitely land still
> available a little further out, it's been traffic making it impossible
> to get into the city in a reasonable amount of time.

Land is still your problem, both for traffic and sprawl: NYC can't go
'east' much further than it already is.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

GMT -6
this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod