[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed May 21 19:56:13 CDT 2008

On May 21, 2008, at 16:25 , Nadine Miller wrote:

> Bill Bradford wrote:
>> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 02:48:36PM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>>> Besides, at this point if one wants to play games on their computer,
>>> they should probably just get a PS3 and install linux, right? ;)
>> I *hate* console gaming controllers.  Give me a mouse and keyboard.
>
> I believe a lot more PS3 games have mouse/keyboard compiled in,
> possibly all of them.
>
> I'm getting pretty good with controllers after Zelda:Windwaker,
> Super Mario Sunshine, and Kung Fu Chaos (the latter is a *TOTAL*
> hoot!).

I can practice and get good with a controller too, but I don't like
using the controller.  It's far too limiting.  It's not a matter of
skill, I just hate using a console controller.

A PC let's you have far more complex controls, and it's just a hell of
a lot more fun.

The other issue is game play: console games are dumbed down, focus on
immediate satisfaction, and are not modifiable.

I like some of the games, but generally get tired of them pretty quick.

Some PC games I play for 5-10 years.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com