[geeks] now housing costs

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed May 21 16:58:51 CDT 2008

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> The air system is chaotic.  I mean, who ever would've predicted the
> enormous quantity of air traffic there would be in Anchorage.

Pretty much anyone who thought about it.  Consider the number of
destinations on the Asian side of the Pacific Rim for which Anchorage is
the closest major US city.  It's also the obvious "last US hop" for
anyone flying from most points of origin in the Americas *to* Asia and
lacking the range for a non-stop trans-Pacific flight.

   alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                  It's not the years, it's the mileage.