[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed May 21 16:39:12 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 05:28:15PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> Socialized healthcare == RATIONED healthcare

Yes, but's much better than the private healthcare my friends have
in the states. The trick is there is a "basket" of covered items,
and everyone gets it. If you want, you can buy extra insurance over
that for other things.

Instead of the UK system, where the government runs it, there are HMO's
which compete with each other. The coverage I have is far better than
the HMO's I had in Philly or my Wife's blue cross/blue shield coverage.

> If Olmert's doctors had recommended he take the same drug, you think he
> would have been dunned for 112% of the value by Customs?

Absolutely. Who would have paid it is a different matter.

Geoff.