[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed May 21 15:39:45 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 01:29:40PM -0700, Nadine Miller wrote:
> Now you've done it and gone and gotten Geoff started on an import duty
> rant! :-D

No, that was it. :-)

> My suggestion, get someone who you trust to buy you a PS3, disassemble
> it and send it in multiple packages...

I'm not even sure it would work. There may be problems with the games,
power line frequency, etc. I guess if I were running only YDL on it,
it would be fine, but my kids would scream.

I could just wait. We bought a used PAL PS for $50, I got a burnt out
U.S. one for free (just needed a new fuse and transformer) and a PS2
for $100. We spent more on new controllers and games than that.

If I were really going to rant, I'd start one on the lack of good CEO's for
startups. I really think that if I parked a bus outside the House of
Pancakes and offered jobs here to CEO's of failed silly valley startups,
I could find companies for the whole bus load of them to start, and
probably get seed funding for them all.

The object being start a company and have them hire me. :-)

Geoff.