[geeks] Remote Failover

Tue May 20 11:59:37 CDT 2008

>> And I can always set the TTL really low for that one record, no?
> Yes, but many larger ISPs will cache the DNS record anyways even if
> they are not supposed to.

But that's _their_ problem, or, more precisely, their users' problem.
It just deserves a big "WARNING: If you are a customer of $ISPLIST, be
aware that you may experience some reachability failures, because your
provider is breaking one of the fundamental protocols underlying the
Internet; see [here] for the gory details" in the customer-facing
interface.

> You might want to look into some other way to get what you want.

Even if the OP does find some other way to get it, how long until ISPs
that go out of their way to break such setups when they depend on DNS
find a way to break them when done other ways too?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca