[geeks] VoIP endpoint service?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun May 18 10:30:29 CDT 2008

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: 2008/05/18 Sun AM 12:25:34 EDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] VoIP endpoint service?

>On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 09:56:36PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> >All I really want to do is make a fancy answering  machine to begin with.
>> http://www.voiceguide.com
>> It is a Windows-only program
>
>BZZZZT.  Next option! 8-)

Well, I just wanted to offer you a solution that works out of the box, supports low-cost hardware, and has a very easy to use GUI.

Or you could go with Asterisk. I hear is supports some low-cost hardware. ;^)

Seriously, I put the Windows-only requirement first because I suspected it was a deal-breaker.

Lionel