[geeks] PayPal alternative offering $25 free cash

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri May 16 22:17:16 CDT 2008

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Nadine Miller wrote:
>>  From my research on compete.com (similar to Google zeitgeist, but
>> with more info) eBid (not free, auctions), Blujay (free, but not
>> auctions), and eCrater (also free, not auctions) are probably the
>> biggest.  And you can't discount the power of Craigslist if you live
>> close to a larger city.
>
> Yeah, Craigslist is excellent.  Which is why eBay tried to file the
> serial numbers off....

 From a brief reading, and knowing the way that Newmark has tried to
situate himself amongst the SiliValley high rollers, I'm guessing the
former CL employee that sold his/her stock to eBay did so because
Newmark and the other founders never considered someone might do that.
They should have put a clause in the shareholder agreement giving the
company first right of refusal on the par value of the shares so that
they couldn't get undermined by outside parties buying shares this way.
  Not a good mistake when you're talking millions and modern ideas of
corporate "ethics" (yes that is sarcasm).

While my own "rookie" mistakes in the area of company forming were on
the order of thousands only, this is one area I've continued to educate
myself on the topic to prevent any recurrence. :-/

=Nadine=